Thursday, December 31, 2020

Happy New Year everyone everywhere! I don't know how you are celebrating this year, but I can tell you that here in Ukraine we are going to celebrate differently than ever before. Of course I don't mean the whole country but only my family, judjung from the lines in the stores and how crowded the farmer's market was yesterday a lot of people will celebrate the usual way. That is with tables filled with meats, salads, fruit and alcohol. Why have we decided to celebrate New Year differently this time? Well, it's been a very tough year, and not because of corona. The virus was just a "cherry" on top of the cocktail of craziness. So I am sitting here with a bottle of sparkling wine opened (won't wait till the midnight) and a plate of salad a la Russe that I made first thing today in the morning and hope that fireworks won't be too loud and we can go to sleep before the "change of years". I understand that 2021 won't bring the normality back. So I will take this change from 2020 to 2021 just like a fact and keep walking my path. In any case, it doesn't matter what date is on the calendar, it does matter if you have quality time with those who really matter to you. And if you want to have real fun - dress your parent's dog to look like a Christmas tree! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment